General Rental Conditions
General Rental Conditions
1) The customer received the vehicle in perfect condition.
2) The said vehicle will only be driven by the customer and will not be used:
A. For transportation of goods in violation of customs regulations or in any way illegal;
B. For the transportation of goods or passengers in exchange for any remuneration or compensation, implicit or explicit;
C. To pull or push any vehicle or trailer;
D. For sports events;
E. By anyone under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
3) The minimum age of the driver is 21 years old. Driving license valid in Portugal with a minimum of 1 year of experience.
4) The vehicle is delivered with a signaling triangle and a sealed odometer, normal tools, a spare wheel, booklet and title deed of ownership or U.S.A. Green insurance card and inspection form;
A. In case of total or partial loss or destruction of the vehicle’s documentation by the Customer, the Customer may be obliged to compensate the rental company for the inherent losses, namely for the expenses resulting from the issue of second copies of documentation and administrative expenses by the Rental company.
5) Prices do not include: Fuel, washing, fines and in the event of an accident towing the vehicle to the original rental station: the rates do not include expenses for collision compensation. The CLIENT is responsible for the maintenance of the VEHICLE and the respective EQUIPMENT, during the entire rental period, and must check the oil and fuel levels, water and the tire pressure in particular.
6) Prices include the expenses paid by the customer for the maintenance of the car and oils, duly justified with receipts on behalf of Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda., Expenses over € 15.00 will be refunded when previously authorized by the rental company .
7) Prices include liability insurance. The customer can choose the complementary insurance CDW and SUPERCDW. Even if the customer has accepted the CDW, or SUPERCDW coverage, all damages caused to the rental car as a result of its misuse will be at the customer’s expense. These insurances do not inhibit the customer from paying damages caused to the top and bottom of the vehicle as long as there is no collision. In the event of an accident due to speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics, or due to negligence, the CDW or SUPERCDW insurance has no effect, paying the customer Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. from the vehicle to the station of origin, as well as compensation corresponding to the time of stoppage of the injured vehicle.
8) The rental ends on the day fixed by the lessee. If you wish to extend the rental period, the lessee must go to the nearest Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-car) station to update your rental contract 24 hours before it ends. In the event that there is no such consent, the vehicle is considered to move without authorization and against the will of its owner, the fact being punished by law, and the responsibility of the driver, with a default rate of 100 €. The renter must return the vehicle at the rental station, unless authorized and within office hours.
9) If the customer violates the Rental Agreement, Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda., May immediately cease the same and without prior notice, and recover the vehicle in any premises or location, the CLIENT being responsible and owing indemnify Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. against all actions, complaints, costs and consequential or recurring damages of this same recovery and withdrawal.
10) The estimated cost of the rental must be paid at the beginning of the rental, based on the cost of the daily rate, plus 100 km per day, or unlimited mileage. A refundable deposit should also be left in the amount of the insurance deductible, to cover any damages.
11) The customer further agrees to protect the interests of the renter and the rental insurance company in the event of an accident during the rental period and as follows:
A. Obtaining the names and addresses of the persons involved and witnesses;
B. Not pleading responsible or guilty;
C. Not abandoning said vehicle without taking the appropriate measures to protect and safeguard it;
D. Notifying the police immediately;
12) In the event of an accident, loss, damage or theft, the occurrence must be immediately reported to the competent police authorities and Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) within the next 24 hours. The lessee is obliged to complete the friendly accident declaration with as much data as possible, otherwise, the CDW and SCDW insurance options will be considered null and void. The lessee undertakes to cooperate with Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) and its insurers in any subsequent investigation or legal proceeding.
13) Any editions or changes to the terms and conditions of this document will be void unless they have been agreed in writing.
14) The rental contract is made with the laws of the country in which it is signed and governed by them. Both parties now agree that the resolution of any dispute arising from this contract, the Judicial Court of the District of Funchal will be competent, unless it involves serious inconveniences for one of the parties, without the interests of the other justifying it.
15) Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car), is not responsible for accidents that are not reported to the police. CDW does not cover damage to tires, windows and locks, as well as accidents caused by speeding, and or damage caused by the effects of alcohol or drugs.
16) The lessee consents to the storage and processing by Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) of his personal data contained in this rental agreement, and also in the communication of said data in the group companies, for the same collection purposes, including statistical analysis, commercialization of Madeira Moderna services – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) and credit control. In the event of a breach of this contract by the lessee, your personal data may be revealed or communicated to third parties to the extent necessary to recover the losses inherent in the breach.
17) Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) is not responsible to the lessee or any passenger for the loss or damage caused to personal property carried or left in the vehicle, either during the rental period , or after the same.
18) The Renter must return the vehicle with the same level of fuel, if it is lower, a fee of 25 € will be charged for each 1/4 of missing fuel tank.
19) The premature delivery of the vehicle will not incur a refund of the amount paid for the rental.
20) This contract governs the contractual conditions relating to the reservation made, only for cases that have occurred, where Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) provided the lessee, on paper or other durable medium, in a timely manner and prior to its execution, containing the mandatory information for it.
Last Update: 15 of September 2020
Because your safety is important to us, we have the best packages on the market.
24h Service Every Day
So that you do not miss anything, count on us anytime any day.
The Best Prices
Who says quality has to be expensive? The best prices to think of you.