General Rental Conditions
General Rental Conditions
1) The lessee received the vehicle in perfect condition.
2) The said vehicle will only be driven by the lessee and will not be used:
A. For transportation of goods in violation of customs regulations or in any way illegal;
B. For the transportation of goods or passengers in exchange for any remuneration or compensation, implicit or explicit;
C. To pull or push any vehicle or trailer and for sports events;
D. By anyone under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
E. To change any parts on the vehicle, mechanical ou aesthetic, in any way that changes it’s current condition.
3) The minimum age of the driver is 21 years old. Driving license valid in Portugal with a minimum of 1 year of experience.
4) The vehicle is delivered with a sticker identifying the company (7m) stamped on the rear window, signaling triangle and a sealed odometer, normal tools, a spare wheel/inflating tire foam, booklet and title deed of ownership or
U.S.A. Green insurance card and inspection form; A. In case of total or partial loss or destruction of the vehicle’s documentation by the lessee, the lessee may be obliged to compensate the rental company for the inherent losses, namely for the expenses resulting from the issue of second copies of documentation and administrative expenses by the Rental company.
5) Prices do not include: Fuel, washing, fines and in the event of an accident towing the vehicle to the original rental station: the rates do not include expenses for collision compensation. The lessee is responsible for the maintenance of the vehicle and their respective equipment, during the entire rental period, and must check the oil and fuel levels, water and the tire pressure in particular. In case of excess dirt (indoor or outdoor) a cleaning fee of 15€ will be applied. In the case of the vehicle having a fine, the Lessee must pay an additional 2€ fee for fines up to 7,00€, and 10€ fee for fines above 7,00€, for administrative services, on top of the value of the fine itself.
6) Prices include the expenses paid by the lessee for the maintenance of the car and oils, duly justified with receipts on behalf of Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. Expenses over € 15.00 will be refunded when previously authorized by the rental company.
7) Prices include liability insurance. The lessee can choose the Premium insurance (SCDW). This insurance does not inhibit the lessee from paying damages caused due to speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics, or due to negligence, in this situation the Premium insurance has no effect, and the lessee should pay Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. all costs related to damages caused from the time of delivery of the vehicle, as well as compensation corresponding to the time of stoppage of the damaged vehicle.
The rental ends on the day and hour fixed by the lessee. If the lessee wishes to extend the rental period, the lessee must go to the nearest Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M) store to update the rental contract 24 hours before it ends. In the event that there is no such consent, the vehicle is considered to be used without authorization and against the will of it’s owner, the fact being punished by law, and the responsibility of the driver, with a default rate of 100€ plus the rental day value and insurance. Any damage done to the vehicle or assistance provided is the responsibility of the lessee who has chosen the CDW (deposit) option. Damage caused by gross negligence is also not covered by insurance, and must be charged to the Renter who opted for CDW/SCDW according to the following cost values:
Filling up with the wrong fuel – 732€;
Loss of documents or fuel card – 183€/each;
Full discharge of the electric vehicle – 457,50€;
Loss or damage to electrical cables – 756,40€ each cable;
Engine/Gearbox/Clutch damage (not covered by CDW or SCDW) – value varies for each vehicle;
Loss of keys – Price vary as followed:
– Fiat Panda/500/500c/Punto – 400€;
– Kia Picanto/Rio/Stonic/Renault Clio V/Opel Corsa/Dacia Jogger/Smart Fortwo/ForFour/VW Polo/T-Cross/Peugeot 208 – 500€;
– Renault Traffic/Clio IV/Megane/Kadjar/Arkana/Fiat Tipo/500X/500E/Doblo/124 Spider/595 Abarth/Sköda Fabia/Scala/Mitsubishi SpaceStar/Citröen Jumpy/Nissan Micra/Juke/Jeep Compass – 600€;
– Mercedes A180d/GLA200/Mitsubishi Eclipse/Audi A1/Q2/VW Taigo/Multivan – 800€.
8) The rental ends on the day and time set by the renter. If you wish to extend the rental period, the renter must go to the nearest Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M) station to update their rental contract 24 hours before it ends. If there is no such consent, it is considered that the vehicle starts to circulate without authorization and against the will of its owner, the fact being punished by law, and the responsibility of the driver, with a non-compliance fee of 100 € to which is added the daily rental and insurance cost.
9) The estimated cost of the rental must be paid at the beginning of the rental, based on the cost of the daily rate, plus 100 km per day, or unlimited mileage. A refundable deposit should also be left in the amount of the insurance deductible, to cover any damages.
11) The lessee further agrees to protect the interests of the renter and the rental insurance company in the event of an accident during the rental period and as follows:
A. Obtaining the names and addresses of the persons involved and witnesses;
B. Not pleading responsible or guilty;
C. Not abandoning said vehicle without taking the appropriate measures to protect and safeguard it;
D. Notifying the police immediately;
12) In the event of an accident, loss, damage or theft, the occurrence must be immediately reported to the competent police authorities and Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent- a-Car) within the next 24 hours. The lessee is obliged to complete the friendly accident declaration with as much data as possible, otherwise, the CDW and SCDW insurance options will be considered null and void. The lessee undertakes to cooperate with Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) and its insurers in any subsequent investigation or legal proceeding.
13) Any editions or changes to the terms and conditions of this document will be void unless they have been agreed in writing.
14) The rental contract is made with the laws of the country in which it is signed and governed by them. Both parties now agree that the resolution of any dispute arising from this contract, the Judicial Court of the District of Funchal will be competent, unless it involves serious inconveniences for one of the parties, without the interests of the other justifying it.
15) Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car), is not responsible for accidents that are not reported to the police. CDW and SCDW does not cover damage to tires, windows and locks, as well as accidents caused by speeding, and or damage caused by the effects of alcohol or drugs.
16) The lessee consents to the storage and processing by Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) of his personal data contained in this rental agreement, and also in the communication of said data in the group companies, for the same collection purposes, including statistical analysis, commercialization of Madeira Moderna services – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) and credit control. In the event of a breach of this contract by the lessee, your personal data may be revealed or communicated to third parties to the extent necessary to recover the losses inherent in the breach.
17) Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) is not responsible to the lessee or any passenger for the loss or damage caused to personal property carried or left in the vehicle, either during the rental period , or after the same.
18) The lessee must return the vehicle with the same level of fuel. If it is lower, a fee of 25 € will be charged for each 1/4 of missing fuel tank.
19) Premature delivery of the vehicle will not incur a refund of the amount paid for the rental. Returns via website regarding the withdrawal of reservations will be made according to the following rules: up to 7 days before the reservation, we will refund 100% of the value (minus fees); up to 3 days before booking, we will refund 50% of the amount (minus fees); up to 3 days or less we do not refund the paid amount. All reserve cancellations made in store will not be refundable.
20) Payments: We only accept debit or credit card. Money is not accepted in payments. We only accept credit or debit cards in deposit bond except for American express cards.
21) Trailers are supported by Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car), except in situations where the lessee has been negligent, such as: key loss, battery failure due to forgetting lights or radio on while parking, lack of fuel, jam off tar roads and other similar situations. In this cases the lessee must pay 122€ for the trailer´s support, even with the Premium insurance (SCDW).
22) This contract governs the contractual conditions relating to the reservation made, only for cases that have occurred, where Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) provided the lessee, on paper or other durable medium, in a timely manner and prior to its execution, containing the mandatory information for it.
23)For the rental of motorcycles with an engine capacity above 600cc,the lessee must have a deposit of 1500€ in the MP1 class or 1000€ in the MP2 class, for motorcycles with engine size untill 125cc the lessee must have a deposit of 350€. When renting motorcycles with an engine capacity above 600cc, the driver must be over 25 years of age and have a valid category A license for at least two years.
24) Helmets and respective bags are provided to the lessee/passengers with no added charge. Any damage to the helmets or bags will be the lessee’s responsibility.
25) It is possible to extend rental periods. The lessee must go to one of the Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda (7M) stores in orded to check for availability and sign a new contract.
26)The lessee must return the motorcycle with the same ammount of fuel, if not there will be a fee of 10€ per 1/4 of tank missing.
27) The insurance does not cover acts of vandalism and natural disasters.
28) The lessee with CDW is responsible for any damage to mirrors, loss or damage to the keys, tire punctures or damaged rims.
29) The lessee is responsible for fines of any kind, use of wrong fuel, transgressions and acts of negligence to the motorcycle or to third parties, bad driving or impropper use of the motorcycle.
30) The lessee is responsible for situations arising from driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other narcotic substances, as well as the damages resulting from this situation.
31) All types of motorcycles use 95 or 98 gasoline as fuel.
32) Damage to the underside of the motorcycle, engine, steering and suspension caused by negligence such as climbing onto sidewalks or over obstacles that may damage the underside of the motorcycle are not covered by CDW.
33) Any accident, damage, fine, or cost incurred as a result of reckless driving, dangerous maneuvers or stunts with the motorcycle will be covered by the lessee.
34) The lessee is responsible for the conservation of the motorcycle and the respective equipment supplied by the rental company, during the entire rental period, and should check, namely, the oil and fuel levels, water and tire pressure.
35) Premature delivery of the motorcycle will not result in a refund of the rental price, nor will all cancellations of reservations made at the store be subject to a refund.
Last Update: October 12, 2023
Because your safety is important to us, we have the best packages on the market.
24h Service Every Day
So that you do not miss anything, count on us anytime any day.
The Best Prices
Who says quality has to be expensive? The best prices to think of you.