Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
The Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car), rent to the client the undersigned vehicle described, subject to all the terms and conditions of this rental agreement, and in consideration there of, the rent acknowledges and the following: agrees.
1) The renter received the vehicle in good order and conditions.
2) The vehicle will be driven only by the client and shall not be used:
A) To transport goods in violation of customs, or in any other illegal manner.
B) To carry passengers of property for a consideration express
C) To proper or tow any vehicle or trailer.
D) In motor sports events.
E) By any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
3) Driver ́s age is minimum 21 years. Valid driver ́s licence held for Portugal with one year ́s driving experience.
4) The car is delivered with pre-road signs, triangle and stamped counter kilometres, usual tools, one extra wheel, rental licence, control slip and all legal car documents.
A) In the event of loss or destruction, in whole or in part, of the vehicle documentation by the Customer, the Customer may be obliged to compensate the rental company for the inherent damages, in particular for the expenses incurred by the issuing of second documentation and administrative expenses by the Rental company.
5) RATES DON ́T INCLUDE:
Fuel, washing, traffic fines and towing, in case of an accident the towing of the car to the point origin. The rates don ́t include collision damage waver.
THE CLIENTE COMPROMISES HIMSELF TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
The CUSTOMER is responsible for the maintenance of the VEHICLE and its EQUIPMENT throughout the period of the rental, and must check, in particular, the oil and fuel levels, water and tire pressure.
6) Rates include insurance as below, oil greasing, and normal maintenance of the car.
The expenses involved with normal maintenance of the rented car, as well lubrification will be reimbursed if duly justified by the client and receipt is show (Name – Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda.). The expenses up 15,00€ must be permitted in advance by the company. 7) Rates include Public Liability.
Client can purchase the CDW, SUPERCDW and PAI insurance. Even if the accept CDW and SUPERCDW, any damage caused to the Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unip. Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) vehicle hired resulting from misuse of the same, will be at expense of the client. This insurance do not acquit responsibilities on behalf of the client from paying for damages caused in the upper and lower parts of vehicle, when there is a collision. Should there be an accident resulting from excess of speed, or driving under influence of alcohol and drugs, or through negligence, the CDW or SUPERCDW insurance will be without effect, and the client will pay Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) the full amount for any expenses for repair, towing of the vehicle, an indemnity for the time the vehicle involved in the accident is out the operation.
8) The rental agreement ends on the day and hour chosen by the renter. If a extention is required, the renter must go a The Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) office 24 hours in advance of the finishing date agreed upon.
If such permission is not granted, it will be considered that the vehicle is being used without the consent of the company, this being punishable by the law, and this responsibility of the driver.
The renter will have to return the vehicle to the point of origin, unless he/she has express authoriza- tion, within working office hours. If the return is not made up within a hour after the fixed time, the client have to pay one aditional day. for the vehicle.
9) The estimated cost of the rental, is payable when the client picks up the car, based on daily rate plus 100 Kms per day or minimum mileage. He have leave of a deductible deposit to be paid.
10) The renter, agrees further to project the interest of rent and rent ́s insurance company in case of accident during the term of the rental by:
A) Obtaining names and addresses of parties involved and witnesses;
B) Not admitting, liability or guilt;
C) Not abandoning the vehicle without adequate provisions for safe guarding and securing thereof: D) Notifying the police immediately.
11) Any accident, loss, damage or theft, must be reported immediately to the police and the Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) within 24 hours, it is the renters full responsibility to fill in a associate to fill in a amicable claim form, if this form is not given to the company, the options of insurance CDW, SCDW and PAI will be considered null and without effect. The renter agrees to corporate it with the Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) and its insurance company in any inquiry or action of the law.
12) That additions to or alterations of the terms and conditions of this agreement shall be null and void unless agreed upon in writing.
13) The rental agreement it is been made with the laws of the country in which it is signed and governed by them. Both parties agree from now that the resolution of any dispute arising from this contract, will be competent the Judicial Court of the District of Funchal, unless it entails serious inconveniences for one of the parties, without the interests of the other justify it.
14) A Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car), declines accidents not reported to the police. CDW not to cover damages in tyres, glasses and looks as well as accidents caused by over speeding and/or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
15) Renter agrees to the usage and processing by Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) of the personal date he or she has provided in this rental agreement. He renter also consents the transfer of information of any such date between the Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car), services and credit control. In the event or breach of any provisions of this agreement by the renter, the personal data of the renter may be disclosed or passed to third parties to the extent found necessary to assist recovery procedures.
16) Madeira Moderna – Mediação Imobiliária Unipessoal Lda. (7M Rent-a-Car) is not responsible for the loss or damage caused to personal belongings of neither the renter nor any passenger that is kept in the vehicle during the rental period or thereafter.
17) The lessee must return the vehicle with the same level of fuel, if lower level, will be asked to pay a fee of 25€ for a quarter of a tank of fuel.
18) The terms of the contract relating to the reservation made in this contract shall be governed by this contract, only in cases where it has occurred, where the lessor Madeira Moderna – Mediação
Last Update: 6 of August 2019
Because your safety is important to us, we have the best packages on the market.
24h Service Every Day
So that you do not miss anything, count on us anytime any day.
The Best Prices
Who says quality has to be expensive? The best prices to think of you.